How are you all, things are certainly a little crazy and a tad busy aren’t they!
I am not only a day late, but just stopping by with this card and a little note to say that, I will be taking a break until after Christmas, just a week or so, but I am being made redundant and need a little time to sort out what I am doing and where I am going, and I would dearly love to make crafting more business and less hobby, but need to work out if this is not only viable but sustainable.
I have also been struggling a little with juggling everything, and getting ready for Christmas, so a breather makes complete sense, and also gives me time to figure it all out, if I can that is! This is never a good time of year, losing my Mum, sister-in-law and nephew all in this month, never gets easier, but I am stronger, as I am listening and learning and something is saying – ‘Just take 5!’
This little make was a card for my brother, who always says ‘BAH HUMBUG’ every Christmas, so when I saw this stamp from Whimsy, it was an absolute must!
- Whimsy – Loads of cheer stamps
- Marianne Craftables – CR1448 Punch Stars
- Lawn Fawn – Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Copic Markers
- Papermill Direct – Card
- Cosmic Shimmer – Fluffy Stuff
- Make a base card from dark blue 14.5 cm x 10.5 cm
- Make 2 no silver mirra card mats 14 cm x 10 cm, adhere to front and inside for first layer.
- Cut 13.5 cm x 9.5 cm blue card and using white distress ink and water, splatter to look like night sky. Once dry adhere to the front mirra card.
- Cut a white card 7 cm x 9.5 cm – Score 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6 cm on short side for top of roof and then turn to the right and score to make it look like tiles on the roof. Cut a 1.5 cm x 9.5 cm strip of white and adhere using foam pads along the top of the roof. Add fluffy stuff randomly and heat, so it looks like snow. Adhere to front of card.
- Stamp and colour Santa and mount to roof top.
- Add a small star in the night sky, and I also added Diamond Stickles for a little sparkle.
- Cut a large stitched rectangle and stamp sentiment and adhere to inside of the card.
My brother loved it, and I think it is a great card for a chuckle!
With that, I shall be off to get everything ship shape and bristol fashion!
See you soon