Well I am running a bit late this week, a whole day late! I have been cleaning and changing rooms around, hanging up the deccies and more so this year than ever, rushing to make extra cards. Why is it we always think we got enough! I’ve also been baking and colouring, and I must get my special cards together or my family just won’t get them!
Today though I am sharing a card I made for our grandson, who was 17, and still in the midst of exams and college.
- Pretty Pink Posh – Simple Sentiments
- My Favourite Things – Picture Perfect Party Animals, Polaroid Shaker Frame
- Catherine Pooler – Glacier Bay Sequins
- Stickles – Lavender & Waterfall.
- 19 cm piece of string & 2 tiny pegs.
- Make a base card in dark blue 260gsm card 14.5 cm x 21 cm
- Cut 2 silver mirra card 14 cm x 20.5 cm and glue on front and inside.
- Cut 2 no light blue 240 gsm card 13.5 cm x 20 cm. Using a mixture of simple sentiments, stamp randomly a pattern to form background for the front of the card. Then hot glue at each end of the piece of string, adhered to the front at an angle.
- Cut 6no shaker frames, keeping the centre section for arrangement inside the card, and two frames being the card of choice for the top layer
- Stamp and colour your image for the front leaving a margin around the whole image for the frame to adhere to. Adhere the frame to the colour image, and trim the card to fit if needed.
- Add two further layers ending with the chosen main frame of choice. This gives depth to the frame. Repeat for the sentiment.
- Using pads at the top back of the images which allows room for the peg and glue at the bottom, arrange on the front of the card to appear as if it is ‘pegged’ to the line.
- Finish with stickles dotted around and sequins.
- For the inside, arrange the saved middle pieces from the frame, and add a little sentiment or pattern as desired. Stamp main sentiment in the centre of the free space.
I really love these picture perfect stamps, and I noticed that Whimsy have bought out a few selfie images, and I would love to get my hands on them, but my funds won’t stretch right now but who knows what Santa may bring!
Hope you are all well organised and in control of the Christmas festivities like me! (If you believe that you’ll believe anything)😉!
Have a great week!