How has your week been? Mine has been pretty busy, unfortunately not spending a lot of card making time but have been baking quite a lot and also setting up a new Facebook page for Cake N Cards, a venture that I hope will take off and then I can have a hobby I love and hopefully spread the smile around too. Below is my first rainbow cake, was very yummy!
I did manage to make a birthday card for Mr Kim’s friends birthday, and as he is a Norwich Fan, I thought it appropriate to make a Canaries Card!
- Spellbinders – Happy Birthday Garland
- Memory Box – Stitched Rectangle Layers
- Honey Bee – Plaid Background Stencil
- Papermill Direct – Card Stock
- Catherine Pooler – Des Moines Sequins
- Made a base of 14.5 cm x 21 cm in Apple Green
- Second Layer 2 no of Yellow 14 cm x 20.5 cm
- Third layer of white card stock 13.5 cm x 20 cm (I left mine slightly bigger so I could cut down to size for a neat edge) and using the plaid stencil large stripe and distress oxides . This stencil comes with 4 different stencils so you can mix and match and make your own layers and colours. This is a new stencil recently purchased, but it is quite flimsy and you will need to maybe use a repositionable spray to keep it in place while you stencil, but once this is in place, it is fun to use. Leave the bottom section white about 5 cm. Using a large nib gold pen, edge the card.
- Trim this stencil section down to correct size leaving the 5 cm white gap at the bottom. A strip that was cut off was used inside to take the plainness of the white card. I then cut !st rip of yellow and green .05 cm x 13.5 cm and glue to the edge of the colour area to finish.
- Cut 3 no ‘Happy Birthday’ die cuts and layer together.
- I cut the badge twice and mount one on yellow the other on green, then using foam pads, mount to the card.
- I cut the chant from the printed card, and mount in the centre on foam pads.
- Using the printed sentiment, I cut down to 13.5 cm x 20 cm, layer to the remaining yellow card. Mount inside to centre using the offcut stencil on the inside to decorate.
- Add sequins to finish.
A simple card but he really liked it, and that is what it is all about – the smile!
Have a lovely week