Well it has been a mighty busy day today, starting off with cooking Garlic & Coriander Naans and Baguettes followed by Victoria Sponge.
I discovered that in a new icing kit I bought had the most amazing acrylic icing bag, and after practicing, I can now ice properly! Just goes to show you need the correct tools to do a great job!
So this week I finally can share with you a card that I made using the Brother Scan and Cut, and similar to a card I made recently, I used the same template but fashioned a different number.
- Woodware – Birthday Kisses
- Spellbinders – Happy Birthday Garland
- Marianne Collectables – Baby Animals (COL1422), Giraffe (COL1386)
- Brother Scan N Cut – Base Shape Card
- Lawn Fawn – Scallop Edged Frame
- First I designed and cut the base card, overall size is large 8″ x 8″. Then cut out the letters for ‘TODAY’ slightly smaller and inlaid on card.
- Designed and cut the number ‘5’ to fit the card, and then reduced the size by 5mm, and cut the inner ‘5’ on patterned card.
- I then cut out all the components to the baby animals and put together – you can get some great ideas from this video from Marianne Design – Baby Animals
- I then designed and assembled the Giraffe.
- Cut out the Happy Birthday sentiment three times and layer together.
- Arrange all the pieces as desired.
- Stamp and then frame the sentiment and glue to inside the card.
There you have it. It was a simple but effective card. I did make sure that everything was well secured to the card as it was for a younger child, so avoided using small items like sequins or Nuvo Drops, but did use some large inch sized gems and some offcuts of stars I had from another project just to place around the card.
Hope you all have a great week.